Updated August 2, 2021
Face Covering Policy
Effective August 2, 2021
As of August 2, 2021, the Bay Area counties are mandating masks for indoor settings. Everyone is required to wear masks in the office, regardless of vaccination status.
Updated June 9, 2020
At Your Service With Safe & Sound Hearing Care
In these unprecedented times, your safety and hearing wellness are top of mind. We are open for business and committed to serving your hearing care needs, with options designed to ensure your health and security.
Count on us for protocols and practices to protect our patients’ and team’s health and safety, including frequent cleaning of our facility, modified lobby seating arrangements, altered patient flow, and use of personal protective equipment.
Call us to schedule live, online videoconferencing for consultations, follow-ups, or help troubleshooting any issues you may be having with your technology.
Call us to arrange phone-based consultations, follow-up visits, or troubleshooting assistance. Some hearing devices even allow for remote adjustments through a compatible smartphone and app — ask us how.
Call us if you’d like to schedule a home visit, which is conducted with safety precautions to protect patients and providers. This option is available for patients who are physically unable to visit the office.
MOBILE WAITING ROOM
For scheduled appointments, you can wait in the comfort and convenience of your car until we call or text you.
CURBSIDE PICKUP AND DROP-OFF
Call us to schedule quick-and-easy curbside pickup or drop-off for hearing aid repairs, clean and checks, batteries, or accessories.
Need hearing aid batteries, wax guards, or other supplies? We can also ship them right to your door for added convenience and peace of mind.
Staying empowered, connected, and communicating your best is more important than ever, so don’t wait. Please contact us to schedule assistance or an appointment today.
Caring for Patients During the Coronavirus – 4/3/2020
There is no higher priority for the Better Hearing Centers than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following developments and guidance from federal and local authorities. At the same time, we are committed to continuing to provide valuable and essential services to our patients.
While we fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu, we also recognize the need for patients to be able to hear during these critical times so they feel safe and are not isolated from news reports, phone calls from loved ones, and communication with other medical professionals.
As healthcare professionals, we are taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- If you are feeling under the weather and are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms, please stay home so as not to put other patients at risk.
- We have instructed our providers and staff to stay home if they feel sick. If a provider becomes ill, we may ask you to see a different provider and/or reschedule your appointment.
- We have reduced staff and hours in all of our offices to minimize everyone’s exposure. If your call is not answered, please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- We ask that patients DO NOT DROP IN without an appointment—even if you are dropping off hearing aids for service. Please call the office in advance as the number of patients we can allow in our waiting room must be limited to meet social distancing requirements. Appointments are spaced to avoid wait time.
- If you are in a nursing home that is on lockdown, call our office and, if possible, we will make arrangements for a provider to come to you. Unfortunately, some facilities will not allow this.
- If your hearing aid is not working and requires servicing, please call our office so we can first try to help you over the phone. If we need to see the device, an appointment is required for all services:
- You may bring your hearing aids or have a healthy loved one bring them to our office.
- You may drop them off and return later to pick them up; or
- You can call from your car when you get to our parking lot, and we will come out to get your hearing aids and service them while you wait in your car.
- Lyric changes and similar appointments that require time with the provider will be managed as expeditiously as possible.
Social Distancing Protocol has been documented and implemented in compliance with local ordinances. Hand sanitizer is available to all and we are disinfecting surfaces after every patient to create a safe environment for patients and staff alike. Please call our office to discuss your needs and the best way for us to accommodate you.
As events continue to change, we encourage you to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients. We want everyone to be safe and healthy in the weeks and months to come.
ATTENTION BERKELEY PATIENTS: Effective March 17, patients who are usually seen in the Berkeley office may be seen in Walnut Creek. The Berkeley site is temporarily closed, but staff is still available to take your calls and care for your needs.