The Better Hearing Center is searching for an Audiologist to join our multi-location private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have an immediate opening in our East Bay locations (Berkeley and Walnut Creek).
The successful candidate would be an endearing, enthusiastic, and confident individual with a strong desire to help others hear better, so they can lead more vibrant lives.
In addition to being a people person, if you have a keen passion for learning about new technology, we offer a wide range of experience. Your focus would be on helping each patient improve their quality of life with hearing technology that meets their individual needs. You will actively work with the latest hearing technology from the major hearing aid manufacturers, plus Lyric, Earlens, and Neuromonics. This position also includes diagnostic testing for our ENT professional partners.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Administers diagnostic tests and amplification services for various hearing disorders.
- Coordinates and interprets test results, making recommendations to physicians and other providers.
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients in a caring and respectful manner regarding test results, making recommendations on hearing care options. Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment and achieve goals.
- Fits appropriate hearing care products as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient. Selects and fits hearing technology, takes ear-mold impressions, and provides ongoing management with follow-up and education.
- Recommends and demonstrates Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs), batteries, and other special products.
- Performs hearing aid checks, repairs, and cleanings.
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Audiologist will be part of a team growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations.
- Audiology degree from an accredited school and a current California Dispensing Audiologist License in good standing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, detail-oriented, goal-driven. Track record of success and thrive in a busy work environment.